Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend in Review: July 19 - 21

This post will not be negative.  Mostly.  No, it cannot be.  After a weekend full of love and joyousness, we musn't dwell in the negative.  Instead we must bask in glory of love.  Love between two people or love projected outwardly from free-spirited music makers to their audience.  Either way love was in the air, and I got a whiff.

Friday night I attended a 311 concert for the 13th straight year with some other loyal concert goers.  I'm sure many are thinking 311?  They still made music after my sophomore year of high school? Yes, in fact they did, and they still tour.  And I still go.  Because I love them and they put on a show.  This year was no different.  We were blessed with a Friday night concert too, which means that I upped my alcohol intake by about double what I normally would have.  It's great not having to work for eight hours the next day.  I remember the show and how awesome it was.  I don't however remember all of the pictures that were on display on Facebook the next day.  Yikes.  Perhaps I would have been even more engaged with the music had I not had so many.  Hell, it was a Friday.  Who cares?  Besides, I probably wouldn't have been as willing to buy the awesome Redskins 311 shirt I've been coveting for like six years.



The bomb, right?

The point is, the band preaches love, respect, and positivity.  So much so that it may seem cliched and overkill.  I don't think so.  If you love a band's music you get the high off of that music when it's live.  We all had a hell of a time.  We'll all be back next year.

Saturday was love of another kind.  I attended an engagement party for one of the several fall weddings I will be attending this year.  It was a great little shindig with great food and great people.  More importantly, it was easily to see the love between the upcoming bride and groom.  They clearly belong together.  It's refreshing to see that kind of thing.  In a world full of cheaters and overdoses and divorces, how can you hate on that?  Now amidst all the love, you are able to see all your shortcomings in the dating realm.  They are on full display, especially around so many familiars.  No matter.  It's not about me and my singleness (singularity?).  It's about other people and the fact that they are happy together.  Such a feeling rubs off on you.  An event like that proves that hope springs eternal.  You save your moping for later.  It was reassuring.

See?  So the weekend was full of love, and it was good to have such a weekend.  Though I baked in my room most of Sunday, the weekend was still a plus.  You get to live without my whining until my mid-week post.  Meanwhile, American History X is on the TV screen behind me.  The energy in here just a most vicious turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment