Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bachelor Parties Are Grand

I don't have any good subject matter this week.  This sucks.  I guess that's good and bad.  Bad because...well that's obvious.  Good because life is even-keeled right now.  That's a victory in itself.

The noteworthy event this week will be the bachelor party in upstate New York.  It's going to be three and a half days of God-knows-what with a collection of gentlemen (term used loosely) that can best be described as a human B-movie DVD collection at your local Blockbuster video.  I can't friggin' wait.

Bachelor parties are awesome.  Sure, all the men who attend them talk sleazy and dish on all the ladies I'm not getting.  But it's time with the boys.  No pressure, just over-drinking.  Lately it's my ideal hang-out option.  I suppose if you go out on the town to a bar, the boys can lay the peer pressure on you to try and mack on some girls.  That's neither here nor there.  By the time you actually make it out, being smooth is out the window anyway.  It's just a time to reflect on the single life of your boy and enjoy the company of guys you seldom get to see.  Let's do it-

Now, I'm not 100% sure, but I could be the only single lad in the clan.  That could make for some interesting ribbing.  And self-reflection.  Whatever.  It wouldn't be the first time I'm the only single in a group full of successful, fun-loving people.  My calling card is being the single guy.  Imagine how many different pieces of advice could be offered my way.  Imagine how much of it I will straight-up ignore.  This is setting up for a million hilarious stories. (Which I swear I'll have some more of for blog purposes soon.  I have irons in the fire on that front.)

No matter what, I'm excited to go and celebrate with good people, cut loose, and have a little fun.  Hopefully, we won't sink the boat when we all board.  It's always nice to get away even if the drive is six hours.  Road trip!  I've packed my Mad Libs and Bananagrams.  We will certainly be safe, somewhat responsible, and overly nerdy.  What can go wrong?  I realize when you get a bunch of guys in the same place for a long weekend tempers can flair.  As long as the weekend doesn't end up like Very Bad Things, we'll be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment