Sunday, June 23, 2013

Post-Vacation Rundown

Hey, I'm back!  Did you miss me?  Probably not?  No matter.  I will continue to grace you with posts anyway.

The trip out west went well!  It was fun.  Time with the fam is always good, especially the ones you never see.  Plus, my grandmother isn't getting any younger so another trip for her was good to do now while she can still do it.  Needless to say, there is nothing really interesting to report on any dating front.  I didn't pick up any college girls at the U of O Psychology graduation or anything.

The point is that I've returned and not much has changed.  The only thing that might change is the tone of this blog.  It's either going to get really boring or really bitter.  Boring because, like usual, there is no news or nights out with prospective ladies.  Bitter would be more entertaining.  My frustration is reaching a fever pitch.  I go through peaks and valleys with this.  There are 4 month stretches where I don't care at all about where I stand with women or relationships.  Then there are 4 month stretches where I exhaust myself with preoccupation over it.  Right now, I am going through the latter.  So what's happening is that my brain is turning all of these completely ridiculous thoughts and emotions into STRAIGHT DATE HATE.  I am totally a poet.

A lot of it has to do with Facebook and seeing how happy and great everyone's lives are.  Isn't everyone just soooo perfect?  But really I would be doing the same exact fucking thing if I were in their shoes.  I would flaunt the shit out of how awesome my life is.  My life actually is awesome.  It's just not quite as awesome, apparently.

I can attribute the lion's share of my frustration to two other factors as well.  First, I am contemplating getting back into the online dating scene.  What happens is your subscription runs out if you're a huge skeptic and don't use the site.  I'm thinking about something other than Match just for a little variety.  I tried to set up an eHarmony profile, but they don't let you even see pictures of potential matches without paying for a subscription.  What bullshit.   I understand paying for a more robust compatibility search.  Now I have to pay just to see what people look like?  I don't feel like spending $9 a month to look at women on the internet when I can find the same type of woman face-to-face that will find a reason to avoid me for free.  I don't mind paying for dinner or an elegant night out.  But if I'm paying to see what you look like I may as well be at Derrieres in Myrtle Beach making it rain on some hos.

Second, I appear to have connections with women that are logistical problems to my dating world.  This would include distance and timing mainly.  There are other small factors such as careers and living situations that may cause a snag as well.  In any event, the here-and-now seems like a pipe dream sometimes.  The away-and-later seems to suit me much better.  Is someone trying to tell me something?  Do I need to leave my beloved DMV to find romance?  Could I sound like more of a chick flick?

See, the posts are going to take wicked turn for the time being.  When you're in an Adam LaRoche early-season-type slump, you tend to get a little jaded.  Hopefully, you will enjoy that and create some traffic on this lowly blog site.  Either way, I'm going to be writing about it so you're just going to have to deal with it.  Sorry.  I didn't mean to get angry at you.  I think I need to go for a run to blow off some steam.  Besides, the pop music blaring through my headphones will always be my one true love.


No comments:

Post a Comment